Best Airsoft Guns: What You Need To Know Before You Buy
Choosing the right model among so many best airsoft guns can be a lengthy process, especially if you are not familiar with this type of rifles and guns. Of course, there are many factors such as the goal of your purchase and the budget you have available that will play an important role here. This text will tell you everything you need to know about airsoft guns and how to find the best one for you.
What are airsoft guns used for?
Airsoft guns are ideal for recreational purposes. They are safe and you can use them for both target practice and in your free time. There are numerous clubs and organizations all around the world that offer memberships to airsoft guns enthusiasts.
These organizations arrange various competitions as well as historical reenactments of famous battles. So if you are looking for a good way to practice your shooting or you want to spend some time with your friends on a “battlefield”, purchasing an airsoft gun is a good idea.
Types of airsoft guns
As you might have guessed, there are a couple of different types of airsoft guns and rifles to choose from. Each of them has additional features you might find useful and some are more beginner-friendly than the others.
Electric Airsoft Guns
Electric airsoft guns are hands down the most popular type out there. They are suitable for both beginners and advanced users. These guns have rechargeable batteries and will be ready for action in just a couple of hours.
What makes electric airsoft guns so great is the fact that you can fire a single or multiple shots, depending on your preferences. So they are both semi and full automatic. And there is no need to worry about reloading all the time because electric airsoft guns do have large magazines that can hold plenty of ammo. According to Air Gun Depot, they are excellent for airsoft team matches.
Spring Airsoft Guns
This is the most user-friendly type of airsoft gun out there. So if you are a beginner and worried that you might not be able to operate an airsoft gun properly, this is the right choice for you. All you have to do is pull back the slide and the gun or rifle will be ready for shooting.
Airsoft Station points out that spring airsoft guns are also cheap so you will not spend a lot of money. They might be more suitable for target practice because you have to reload it after every shot. On the other hand, you don’t have to recharge it with gas or electricity which is great.
Airsoft Gas Guns
Airsoft guns that use gas will give you the real feeling of operating a weapon. The recoil is identical to the actual guns and rifles, so they are perfect for practice. These guns run on gas and you have to refill them often which might be a bit off putting to some users.
They are slightly more expensive than the spring airsoft guns. Plus, airsoft gas guns are more suitable for intermediate users who handled this type of weapon before. Also keep in mind that this type of a gun does not work in cold weather.
Quick buyer’s guide
There are still a couple of details you should go over before you purchase a brand new airsoft gun. You are now familiar with different types of airsoft guns but this is still a very important part so let’s begin.
The cost of your airsoft gun
Buying the cheapest airsoft gun is not the best idea especially if you are serious about using this weapon and want a durable rifle that will work well for years. So if your current budget does not allow you to purchase a high quality airsoft gun, you should wait a bit longer in order to save up some money and buy an excellent piece of equipment.
After all, you need a reliable airsoft gun that is accurate, well made, and easily rechargeable. Solid entry level guns can be affordable, but if you want something more professional, you simply have to break a bank. Keep in mind that your budget should depend on your planned dedication to this activity.
Buying high quality ammunition is really important, especially if you want to engage in target shooting. Higher price is usually an indicator that you will get good ammunition. Quality ammo is equal in size and has fewer dentures.
If you are practicing target shooting, you have to purchase heavier ammunition. This type of ammo will hit the target even when it is windy outside. The pellet simply needs to have enough density in order to hit the target accurately. 12 gram is the minimum weight of a pellet that will work well with the majority of airsoft guns.
Best airsoft guns are highly customizable. You should attach various accessories which will make shooting a whole lot easier. If your gun has metal rails on the top, you will be able to place a scope or a laser in order to be more precise.
You can also put your gun on a bipod or attach a flashlight if you plan on using it in the dark. Flashlights designed for rifles can be quite expensive so go for a smaller model that is light and bendable.
Our suggestions: Best Airs Guns in 2017
1. G&G Combat Machine M4 Raider
G&G Combat Machine M4 Raider is an exceptionally made airsoft rifle. You can choose from two available colors. This rifle has a polymer body so it is very reliable and sturdy. The remaining parts such as magazine and barrel are made of metal.
It is a very accurate gun and the precision will amaze you once you put it to action. You can shoot in both semi-automatic and automatic functions so it can be useful for both target practice and sport. And if you want the best possible results, go for .20 gram ammunition.
· This rifle will arrive with a battery and a charger. In some cases, you have to purchase these items separately. So you will be able to use this airsoft gun as soon as it arrives.
· It has top and bottom rails so you can add different accessories such as scope and bipod in order to shoot more accurately. You can also attach a strap so carrying this rifle will not be a problem.
· The rifle as a whole is top of the line and the combination of the materials used for construction guarantees the quality of this airsoft gun. You won’t be able to break it so easily.
· G&G Combat Machine M4 Raider is for right handed people. So if you are left handed and you want this rifle, it can be a bit problematic.
· Make sure you load the magazine carefully. Sometimes you might get unusable ammunition stuck at the bottom of a magazine if you don’t pay close attention.
2. Soft Air Kalishnikov Tactical AK47 Electric Powered Airsoft Rifle
AK47’s popularity seems to be on the rise, especially among people who regularly engage in airsoft related competitions and reenactments. This particular model is an accurate copy of the actual rifle. Soft Air Kalishnikov is a weapon which is capable of shooting 600 rounds in a single minute and it is fully automatic.
The price of this airsoft gun is not too expenssive so it is a good investment for anyone who is just getting into airsoft rifles. Soft Air Kalishnikov is made of nylon polymers and metal. It works particularly well with .20g rounds. It is an electric airsoft gun and you will be able to charge it quickly.
· The design is very realistic and you will get the feeling like you are shooting from the actual AK47. Plus, it comes in a greyish black color that will look amazing in the field.
· You will receive a battery and charger with your purchase so the rifle will be ready for action as soon as you receive it.
· The price is acceptable so this is an excellent entry level rifle that is also very high quality.
· Kalishnikov are difficult to master so you have to practice a bit more with this particular rifle.
· Be careful with inserting the battery because the cover will not slide off so easily. Do not tug on it because you might damage your brand new rifle right away.
3. H&K 416 CQB Elite Airsoft Machine Gun airsoft gun
If you are looking for a genuine replica of the popular 416 riffle, this might be the ideal option for you. H&K did a great job in making this airsoft gun as similar to the real thing as possible. The magazines can hold plenty of ammo (320 rounds to be exact).
This airsoft gun is highly customizable and you will be able to add a bipod or a scope, depending on your preferences. So it is an excellent weapon for practicing shooting. Its cost might be a bit high for some prospective buyers, but the quality of the gun itself is evident.
· Large magazines will allow you to shoot a large number of rounds before stopping to reload the gun. So it is very useful if you are using an airsoft gun for sports or target practice.
· The gun is really accurate and you will be able to adjust the stock and rear sight in order to get the best possible results.
· You will not receive a charger and battery with your purchase. You have to order it separately from the manufacturer.
· H&K 416 CQB Elite Airsoft Machine Gun airsoft gun is really pricey and not everyone can afford it. You should look into a different model if you are on a tight budget.
4. G&G CM18 MOD1 / EGC-18P-MD1-BNB-NCM
If you want a light airsoft gun, you should take a closer look at this model. It weighs 5.6lbs and you can attach a strap in order to carry it easier. G&G really outdid themselves with designing this gun because it is made of high-quality materials that will last for years.
The body is made of nylon fiber polymer while the rest of the rifle is metal. It is a sturdy airsoft gun that sits comfortably in hands. This is a very accurate gun that uses .20g rounds. You can use it for practicing target shooting or team sports.
· G&G CM18 MOD1 is light and very user-friendly. Anyone can learn how to operate it quickly which is a plus. Therefore, this rifle is suitable for beginners as well.
· This airsoft gun will be useful in numerous situations. So it doesn’t matter if you are taking it to a shooting range or you are engaging in a team combat – it will work really well and you will be able to hit your target.
· It is both semi-automatic and automatic weapon and you can switch between these two shooting modes easily.
· You have to purchase the battery and charger separately. On the other hand, the rifle will arrive with a single magazine, cleaning rod, and the sights so you will be able to go out and try out the gun as soon as you get the battery.
5. BBTac Airsoft Sniper Rifle
If your airsoft team lacks a sniper or you want to try shooting another kind of gun, BBTac Airsoft Sniper Rifle might fit your needs. It is a very realistic copy of the actual sniper rifle, up to the length of the barrel.
BBTac Airsoft Sniper Rifle is a spring airsoft gun so there will be no need for charging the battery or filling it with gas. It will arrive with a 3-9x40 scope that will come in handy for precision shooting. You can always replace this scope with a better model if you already have one. Additionally, you will be able to mount this sniper rifle on a bipod because it has bottom rails as well.
· This airsoft rifle does not require batteries but it is still very powerful. The magazine can hold up to twenty-five rounds. It is not automatic so you have to shoot one round at a time.
· The default scope is really good so there is no need for replacing it unless you really want to. You should use .25g rounds in order to get the best long range results.
· The majority of this particular rifle is made of metal so it might be a bit heavy for some users.
· If you only used a battery powered airsoft gun before, it might take you some time to get accustomed to the spring and single round shooting.
Picking only one model from our list of the best airsoft guns is quite hard. However, G&G Combat Machine M4 Raider is a universal rifle that will be useful for both beginners and experts. It is among the most affordable airsoft guns we have mentioned and it can fit anyone’s budget.
Additionally, G&G Combat Machine M4 Raider is very user-friendly and you will be able to experience the most realistic feeling of shooting the actual M4 rifle. You can also use it for perfecting your aim and precision, or to engage in airsoft competitions with your friends. It is battery powered and you will get the entire power kit alongside the rifle which is excellent.
- Rated 5 stars
- Best Airsoft Guns
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: